St. Mark's Episcopal Church was founded in 1837. Occasional services began before incorporation around 1826. The first church was built in 1838 at 317 Main Street and the first Rector at that time was the Rev. Edmund Embury. That property was sold and the current church was built in 1879 while the Rev. William Catterson was rector.

 

Over the years the members of St. Mark's have initiated several projects as part of our ministry:

 

Rise: A CREATIVE CAMP EXPERIENCE

 

Founded in 1989 as Creation Week Camp, Rise is a week-long summer camp for youth age 11 through 18. 

 

St. Mark's Terrace

 

It was the vision and mission of the Rector and Vestry in 1972 to establish decent, safe housing for low income seniors.

 

 

Our People are reMARKable!

St. Mark Preaching in Alexandria                                                                                                    Gentile and Giovanni Bellini, 1504–07

Our Bishop

the Rt. Rev. Prince Singh

Our Rector

Rev. Dan E. Burner

Our Wardens

Sr. Warden - Pat Selwood

Jr. Warden - John Christensen

Our Vestry

 

Treasurer                  Linda Hunter

Class of '19                Linda Raide

                                    Rick Thompson

Class of '20                Leo Pola

                                    Ed Schultz

Class of "21               Alise Irwin    -   Clerk

                                    Kathy Sandberg

Our Staff

Parish Office Assistant

Anneke Wheeler

Sexton

Felipa Vasquez

Organist

Carrie Ahearn

Choir Director

Paul Gaston

Please remember St. Mark's in your Estate Planning.

  • facebook-square
  • Twitter Square
  • Google Square

© 2015 St. Mark's Episcopal Church - Penn Yan, NY. Created with Wix.com